Whether you’re the one talking about it or the one hearing about it, it’s impossible to avoid the topic of Bitcoin. “Buy bitcoin!”, “sell your bitcoin!”, “hold your bitcoin!”… we get it! But what about accepting bitcoin payments?
Although it’s not the most mainstream move, it is considered the most proactive and approachable one in the crypto payments game. Accepting bitcoin is open to just about anyone and not as far-fetched as one may believe. Whether you’re a large corporation or a start-up, it’s available for any business or entity. For some proof and inspiration let’s take a look at a few of the top businesses that accept cryptocurrency.
Who Accepts Bitcoin Payments?
- Since 2014 Microsoft has been using bitcoin for Xbox Store. Although they put it hold temporarily due to the “hostile environment” they are accepting bitcoin again for Xbox store credits. And that’s not all, Microsoft founder, Bill Gates has been caught repeating “Bitcoin is better than currency” multiple times… so, what could that entail?
- The American furniture retail company not only accepts bitcoin payments, but also holds bitcoin as well. This gives some tell that they are in for the long run.
- Home Depot is the number one hardware store chain in the USA and accepts bitcoin payments. This means you can refurbish your home entirely with crypto currency – how about that?
- You can now grab your morning venti mocha frappuccino light whip with extra chocolate swirl and sprinkles via the Starbucks app powered by Bakkt. No need to call up your bank to justify your well-deserved coffee runs anymore; pay in bitcoin instead!
- After swinging by for your morning coffee, head over to Whole Foods, digital wallet at hand, and buy some organic 85% dark chocolate and wild caught salmon with your bitcoin as well.
- As the first major mobile service provider across the USA, AT&T now offers their clients the option to pay in bitcoin.
- It’s been known for a while now that PayPal customers can buy and sell crypto, but they now pay merchants directly with bitcoin and other crypto as well.
How Can I Accept Crypto Payments?
Now that we have covered some stores that accept cryptocurrency, the question is, how can someone start accepting bitcoin for their business?
There are many methods of how to accept bitcoin such as third-party applications or buying store credits, but the best method is allowing customers to pay directly from their digital wallet. With ForumPay being the most competitive crypto payment gateway on the market with global compliance, free installation, no hidden or extra fees, instant best-rate conversion, and daily bank settlements in the currency of the merchant’s choice, there are other companies such as BitPay and PayPal that also facilitate direct bitcoin payments as well.
Any business big or small anywhere in the world can accept bitcoin – or any crypto for that matter – directly from their digital wallet. There is no need to be a crypto-guru or blockchain genius. If you can accept payments, you can accept crypto payments. With over $3 trillion invested in crypto, it’s time to open your business to the millions of people eager to spend their crypto. It’s time to get your slice of the pie!
What are you waiting for? Get started with ForumPay today by visiting our site ForumPay and add your business to the list of “who accepts bitcoin” next!
And don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Twitter for more on all things crypto!